In order to support a growing client list, Meridian Capital Limited is looking for a Junior Legal Advisor to support our commercial contracts team based in Hong Kong. An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Legal Counsel to provide sound, reliable and timely legal advice on various aspects of the business by supporting a commercial legal service within the group and as well as to provide support to the General Counsel. The successful candidate will play an important role in the company by providing considered commercial, legal and contractual advice. We’re looking for a flexible team member with problem-solving skills, strong business judgment and an ability to deliver results in a fast paced, rapidly evolving and dynamic environment. The junior legal advisor will work across sector.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, including standard agreements.
- Implement standard distribution agreements and standard templates in key markets
- Managing outside counsel & outside counsel fees
- Provide in-house assistance to product, services and finance teams.
- Assist and advise investment team
- Review, analyse, draft legal agreements as appropriate
- Assist finance associates with debt collection and insolvency proceedings involving customers
- Manage labour law litigation with outside counsel
- Provide commercial legal support to internal business units
- Monitoring ongoing compliance of the business and its portfolios with the legal and regulatory environment.
- Delivering legal and best practice training to the business.
- Commercially minded and able to advise on a broad range of legal matters and drive the business forward.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of global markets and legal system.
- A strong, independent work ethic to drive business forward in a dynamic work environment.
- Establish strong working relationship with peers and stakeholders to manage administrative processes.
- Communicates concisely and clearly in oral and written forms.
- Attention to detail, good problem-solving skills.
- Highly versatile and able to manage pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Meticulous, impeccable level of attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks.
- High level of integrity, trustworthiness and loyalty.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- B Com/BA, LLB or B Proc
- Admitted attorney
- Commercial experience required.
- Candidates who have completed their articles or with 1-3 years working experience post articles will be considered.
- Understanding the existing regulatory structures governing financial services would be an advantage.
- Post-admission experience of 5 years (in-house counsel experience would be an advantage)