Meridian Adventure is hiring for a luxury resort in Hidden Bay, Teos. They require an experienced Events & Activities Manager to join them on a permanent basis. You’ll manage the development and delivery of an outstanding events programme that helps to position (Meridian Adventure or Hidden Bay?) as a unique cultural and commercial destination – locally, nationally and internationally. The successful candidate will also handle inbound client functions. This will include project launches, cultural events, exhibitions, seminars and business conferences. Making the most of the area’s commercial and cultural offer, your goal will be to increase inward investment. Working as part of a small management team, one of your key responsibilities will be the planning and production of an annual programme of events, including budgeting proposals. As a seasoned event manager, you will be able to manage an event budget and will work with the team and external partners to secure media coverage for the programme.
- Create event proposals which fit clients requirements and present proposals by deadline
- Maintaining a working relationship with clients
- Manage and oversee events on the day, including problem solving, welcoming guests, directing events set-up, communicating with staff.
- Liaise with clients to find out their exact requirements
- Produce detailed proposals for events
- Deliver events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations
- Aiming towards the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Convert business from proposal stage
- Planning and implementing a new events and activities schedule in line with budgets, customer needs and organisational values.
- Logging and reporting any incidents, accidents or changes in behaviour of the customers.
- Carrying out any risk assessments and making the GM aware of any damage to equipment.
- Manage, train and motivate a small team.
- Various other duties assigned by the GM.
- The ability to organise multiple events at once.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in over achieving sales targets, promoting events spaces and supporting operational running of the events.
- Experience in managing CRM system and social media platforms is desirable.
- You will be responsible for liaising with both venue team and customer so excellent customer service is a must!
- You must be organised, self-motivated and be a people person as there is regular liaison with staff and customers.
- Business/ event planning expertise
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Excellent time management with the ability to manage numerous, concurrent deadlines
- Strong negotiator
- Good presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Effective relationship management
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience of planning, delivering and evaluating public & private events, campaigns and initiatives.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, international relations, social sciences, or a related field is required.
- Experience of using IT systems to aid project management is essential. Possession of ISOH or a similar health and safety qualification would be an advantage.