Investment Analyst (Multi-sector: Property & FMCG)
POSITION TYPE :
Based on skill
ROLE DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking to recruit an Investment Analyst to join the Investment team in our (Hong Kong?) Office. Our analysts play a key role in supporting the work of our international investment firm and providing practical support to the investment team. The aim of the investment team, that is focused on more of a private wealth office model, is to ensure that the investment solutions offered by Meridian Capital Limited are designed, marketed, managed and governed in such a way that investments are aligned to likely outcomes. Meridian Capital Management team require an Investment Analyst to work on the existing investment portfolio, as well as analysing new acquisitions and developments. The sectors covered are diverse and include airport infrastructure, FMCG, property investments, hospitality and natural resources.
- Drafting reports for peer review by the investment team on all aspects of investment.
- Performance analysis of portfolios and production of quality monitoring reports.
- Undertaking strategic research, where required to understand the value of the investment or sector trends to mitigate risk to the business.
- Day to day point of contact for HNW principals and investment team.
- Project work including investment strategy (i.e. Mix between different asset classes), investment structure (number and style of investment managers), selection of investment needs.
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
- Providing consultancy and advising key stakeholders of the potential operational and financial risks from corporate actions, Meridian Capital’s strategic initiatives and regulatory changes.
- Ensuring that appropriate controls and risk mitigation strategies are implemented for the benefit of our customers and shareholders.
- Preparing sensitivity analyses and portfolio stratifications;
- Presentation of data for easy understanding Portfolio analysis
- Champion bringing new technologies into the team and challenging the team’s current processes and systems to drive efficiencies
- The analyst will have previous investment experience and an interest in commercial real estate and investments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible, pro-active and innovative approach.
- Ability to deal with a number of differing of work at any point in time
- Excellent team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Possesses an understanding of an asset management operation.
- The ability to apply analytical skills in the resolution of situations/changes/issues that occur within the unit linked operation.
- The ability to apply judgement and communicate the rationale for decisions made to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relevant experience gained in a related role.
- A minimum of a strong degree in maths, economics, or another other numerate discipline, or equivalent.
- Evidence of good professional exam progress in the
- Actuarial exams or CFA would be a significant advantage but not essential.
- Good report writing skills, experience in quantitative and qualitative report writing.
- Computer literate with advanced levels in Microsoft Excel
Meridian Capital Limited is an international investment firm headquartered in Hong Kong with a diversified investment portfolio spanning consumer goods, real estate, hospitality, infrastructure and natural resources. Meridian Capital Limited seeks out global investment opportunities with favourable long-term fundamentals and works in partnership with industry leaders and talented entrepreneurs. We strive to identify high quality investments that require capital to unlock their true potential. We combine our deep knowledge of the markets in which we operate with strategic partnerships to provide us with a competitive edge.